Home » , » The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

 

Bilbo and Company are forced to engage in a war against an array of combatants and keep the Lonely Mountain from falling into the hands of a rising darkness.
Director: Peter Jackson
Writers: Fran Walsh (screenplay), Philippa Boyens (screenplay),
Stars: Ian McKellen, Martin Freeman, Richard Armitage |


 

 

 

 How to download


Storyline

After the Dragon leaves the Lonely Mountain, the people of Lake-town see a threat coming. Orcs, dwarves, elves and people prepare for war. Bilbo sees Thorin going mad and tries to help. Meanwhile, Gandalf is rescued from the Necromancer's prison and his rescuers realize who the Necromancer is.

Movie Reviews

When I left the movie-theater after seeing it at the midnight-screening of my local theater, I was greatly conflicted about what to think about it. On the one hand, it was great popcorn cinema in that it was very much entertaining and, of course, visually striking. On the other hand, it simply topped my highest expectations about how many scenes made me go: "Aw, you gotta be kidding me...". Those scenes definitely did make me grin and feel some kind of joy, but also they made me shudder - and it just wouldn't stop.

The Lord of the Rings had it's "silly" moments, scenes that made you laugh or grin amidst the seriousness and darkness. I felt that those were refreshing changes of mood, and they are burnt into my mind - Legolas sliding down the stairs on a shield while shooting orcs, Legolas bringing down the Oliphants, Gimly being thrown over to the bridge at Helm's Deep. With The Hobbit, not only, but especially The Battle of the Five Armies, moments like this follow each other like canned laughter on Two and a Half Men. Here, the more serious scenes are a refreshing change to all the cheesiness, the ridiculousness and the exaggertion.

I did like some of the character development especially the inner confliction of Thorin, Thranduil and Bilbo. Yet, the resolutions to these conflicts didn't quite satisfy me, they simply came too quick and too "easy". I feel like this was an aspect where the story could've been made quite a bit more thrilling.

To conclude my major points: The Hobbit - the Battle of the Five Armies once again brings you back to Middle Earth, and that alone made it worth watching for me. However, it can be quite a disappointment if you expect a grand finale in every aspect for the "Middle Earth" saga, because only the extent of the battle-scenes and the visuals life up to that, while other aspects - story, setting, mood, character development and -relations lag miles behind the Lord of the Rings trilogy. If you've seen the first two parts, you shouldn't be too surprised about that. Prepare to be surprised nevertheless.
 
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2015 Free HD Movie download
Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates